Composed largely of World War II veterans, Chadron State College had three outstanding football teams in the late 1940s. The Eagles were in the Conference co-champions in 1947 and '48 and played in the Bean Bowl in Scottsbluff in 1949. Their records those years were 7-1-1, 7-1 and 7-3, respectively. This is the 1948 team. The players in front, from left, are Lyle Colerick, Harry Hull, J.C. Sollars, Chester Dady, Stanley Peterson, Keith Race, Bill Trotter, Bob Craft, Bill Stephenson, Verne Lewellen, Clayton Brown and Jack Barker. Second row, Head Coach Ross Armstrong Armstrong, Foster Taylor, Dale Hammer, Bob Scott, Jim Ratelle, Fred Lawrence, Morse Burley, Harold (Pepper) Martin, Joe Folsom, Bob Dugger and Bill Holub. Third row, Bob Brown, Wally Calvert, Paul Phillips, Dave Barker, Al Butterfield, Doyle Dudney, Glenn Groves, Bob Clapham, Jim Schuemaker and Assistant Coach Ed Puck. Fourth row, Dick Schwartz, Jack McNutt, Gerald Eastwood, Dick Speer, Lawrence Wax, Max Schlenpenbach, Don Buckingham and Don Trueblood. Jack McNutt, Gerald Eastwood, Dick Speer, Lawrence Wax, Max Schlenpenbach, Don Buckingham and Don Trueblood.